clown question/ again

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xsdbs

AC Members
Oct 16, 2006
I had a thread about my clown staying close to the top of the tank and poking his head out of the water sometimes, I have had the clown for about a year and this behaviour us new with in the last month. replies were that this is normal, however last night I noticed that at times he looks like he is gasping, water params are good and other fish / corals seem fine. any thoughts on this. Thanks

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Can you please post your specific tank params for Temp, SG, Ammonia, pH, Nitrite and Nitrate. Having these will help us to help you. Usually, gasping is a sign of ammonia..

xsdbs

AC Members
Oct 16, 2006
I will have to wait till tonight when I get home from work to get the params, thanks.

If it was an ammonia issue wouldn't the corals be in bad shape? also wouldn't the water change had helped if the ammonia was high.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Ammonia issues are but one of many causes to rapid breathing, usually one of the most common though...not saying it is, but, its one...another is a pathogenic issue, amyloodinium or even brook....If possible, in the meantime, so look up these issues on the net, look at the symptoms compared to your fish.

xsdbs

AC Members
Oct 16, 2006
I got to do a param test last night and are as follows:
nitrate = 0, nitrite = 0, ammonia = 0, ph = 8.2 - 8.4, salinity = 1.023, water temp = 76
I looked at the above mentioned possibilities and see some small similarities in the brook, ( by actions ) but I have not been able to get a good view to see if hes got the whiteness on the bodu or gill areas. he's kind of hiding in the back of the tank and comes out once in a while but then darts back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store