Does anyone have a 24'' Sundial T5HO Fixture?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
im about to buy one, and was wonderin about the available Kelvin varities.. i.e. 14k, 12k, 20k etc

whadda you run?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I run 6 10K UV brand bulbs on my 29G frag tank. No actinics. It is all personal preference though when it comes to using them on a reef tank for looks. The higher the K the more blue it will look (but less PAR output).

The reason I went with the configuration I did was because I have SPS corals in the frag tank and wanted the most light possible without going MH. On my main 75G tank I run 4 22" UV Super Actinics with a 10K 400w MH.

If you hadn't figured it out yet, with UV brand they call theirs V-HO, which stands for Variable High Output, meaning you can run them 24w or 40w (with an Icecap 660 ballast, which I do on my main reef). It is confusing because they are not in fact VHO bulbs, the (-) dash makes the difference.

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
i realllly want to run 2 of the bluest bulbs for the actinic setup, and a real nice 10k and a 14k for the 2 daylights.

still tryin to see if i even have that option w/ the 24inch sundial, let alone WHAT the best bulbs to get would be

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ya, you can definately run that configuration if you want. I do have a Sundial fixture myself and I have run 2 UV 10k and 2 UV super actinics in it for a while, so I can say with certainty they will work in that fixture.

Current Sundial on the back, Current Nova Extreme on the front = 6 T5HO. UV 10k bulbs have more of a Red look than the normal Current 10k bulbs that come with the fixture.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store