Looking for a tankmate

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shmagu

AC Members
Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
I have a 20g long with two Julidochromis transcriptus (1.5") who reside mostly around some tufa rock and one Synodontis catfish (3.5") who stays in his cave most of the time. These fish have been together approximately 1 1/2 years now. I'm really interested in finding another cichlid to add to the middle/top half of the tank. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I wouldn't mix kribs with julies. Kribs are bottom dwellers and the OP is requesting to add another cichlid, not replace them. Your julies are still growing. I'd simply leave your stock as it is. What species is your synodontis?

shmagu

AC Members
Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
Really would like to find a fish that generally stays in the upper half of the aquarium.

This is what I found when doing a quick search on kribs:

If other cichlids will be in the community tank, choose a species that is not bottom dwelling. That way they will not compete for the same territory. Avoid keeping them with another cave dwelling species, as Kribensis love their caves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store