Green Eel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Snakes

Fish Addict
Mar 3, 2008
www.rieda.za.org
Ok Im Writing this for a friend

She has a tropical eel and its apparantly called a green eel about 5cm in size so far

What Does Eels Eat as I dont seem to find information for them

Snakes

Fish Addict
Mar 3, 2008
www.rieda.za.org

Snakes

Fish Addict
Mar 3, 2008
www.rieda.za.org
I will try and get a pic as its not my eel but a friends

Woofy

Registered crazy
Jun 30, 2006
Miami
www.myspace.com
could be anything from a senegal with grayish green tint or a waay to small freshwater moray. What does it look like? pictures would help? also the price tag on this fish?

Snakes

Fish Addict
Mar 3, 2008
www.rieda.za.org
ok the friend I was talking about got info from the pet store and its a tire track eel
they eat bloodworms,earthworms and frozen live foods

I have attached a pic I got off the net that is similar to what she has got

any tips are welcome for this species

image001.jpg

GuiltyPleasures

AC Members
I have a tire track eel that is about 22 inches long now, it was only a couple inches long when I bought it about a year ago, so they do grow fast :) He loves big night crawler worms as well as raw pieces of shrimp and also sometimes eats raw chicken and fish when I have some to toss in. I've also seen him eat shrimp pellets but I think he loves the worms and shrimp the best. He lives in a 135 gal tank and rarely comes all the way out from under the big slate rock he calls home. He's never seemed agressive to any of my other fish in the tank and I have cory cats in there with him as well as other fish. He even shares his rock with 3 clown loaches and sometimes my golden algee eater lol
Tire track eels are great fish and fun to watch when they are out and about. Your friend should enjoy his, but he needs to remember they do get big so hopefully his tank isn't too small for a 20 or so inch fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store