Loaches and Pleco?s

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BumbleinGrey

AC Members
Oct 9, 2008
Loaches and Pleco’s

I am fond of two species of bottom dwellers for my tank that i am currently cycling, and i am curious if they would frankly get along together.

the two species are the Medusa Pleco L-034 and the Kuhli Loach, i have read that both of these fish are relatively peaceful and should not bother each other. Actually i have read that they are peacfull and good community fish but not wither this mix would work.

with the sizes and doing our math for stocking among the other fish we want to get , we are considering 1 L-34 and 3-4 Kuhli’s.

I just would like to make sure that the combo’s i put within the levels of the tank will not end up killing one another. and thank you for any responses.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I haven't kept a medusa plec but if you decide to have kuhlis get at least 5 or 6, more is better. You'll see them more often with lots of hiding places too.

Preeths

AC Members
Jan 15, 2008
Ive had common plecos and loaches together for a long time, they dont bother each other.

Woofy

Registered crazy
Jun 30, 2006
Miami
www.myspace.com
plecos will do fine with kuhlis, while kuhlis are schooling fish they do great in big groups. ther are also more active than one scared little kuhli in the gravel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store