Switching the External Filter off everyday - wrong ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Hi Friends !

Just wanted to know if its ok to switch off my Eheim 2217 External filter everyday for about 15 to 20 mins ? Actually I switch it off while feeding because my fronts seem more comfortable eating without a water current...

Just wanted to know if its wrong ? Will it kill the bacteria or 20 mins is fine ?

Kindly advice and guide me...
Thanks !
Kush

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
I see no problem, but can you not direct the water flow away to lessen the current? shutting it off for a short amount of time is not going to harm anything I believe, folks what do you think?

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Some people do turn off there filters when feeding. like posted, just don't forget to turn them back on.............:)

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
it should be fine dont forget. number one rule dont forget. socalidiscus found a timer like the ones where you turn the lights on for 15-30 mins at a time this one does a reverse. it turns it off and then turns it back on. i think i got that user name right lol might want to search and pm him and ask.

bghill

AC Members
Jan 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I turn all my filters off during feeding. I just leave the canopy or lid open till I turn filters back on.

1oooop

int x; if {x>1} {std::cout
Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
well, I am in possession of may circuits... there is an automatic one that turns it back on after a little while http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/relaytim.asp is a good one, just get a huge capacitor (500 uf) for c1 and reverse the relay(in other words have it setup to turn it off when the schematic says it is on)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store