Gecko or Treefrog-help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
I just moved my now adult whites tree frog to a 20 g. tall and I don't know what to do with his old tank. It is 12x12x18 exoterra glass tank (LxWxH). I have no idea what might fit in there. I was thinking maybe a green treefrog (Hyla Cinerea I think) or if anybody else has any ideas that would be great! Thanks guys!!!

AshK

Muffin MIX NAO
Jun 24, 2008
California, PA
Sell it and use the money to buy a bigger tank for your White's Tree Frog

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
But my whites tree frog is already in a huge tank my himself. A 20 gallon tall.

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
That's a great tank for H. cinerea. If you're collecting your own frogs, your other local treefrogs would also work well- H. chrysoscelis/versicolor, H. avivoca, H. squirella, H. femoralis, H. gratiosa, or Pseudacris crucifer would all be fine in that tank. Just don't put a big green or barker in with juvenile frogs or with small adult squirrels or peepers. They're not habitual frogeaters like White's or Cubans, but the potential for disaster is there.

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
i had a huge squirrel that would munch on smaller green and anoles. soungs like a perfect tank for a few natives. or maybe something outside the box, like kassina maculata

Virtuoso2K12

Mar 2, 2008
Southern CA
from your question i'd go with the gecko, maybe anoles,but tree frog is ok too. It's really up to you,but the gecko would be best. Good Luck. :)

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
Thanks so much guys! I keep you up to date

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
If you want to go the gecko route, you could keep a pair of [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Phelsuma Klemmeri [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]in a tank that sized. They are one of the prettiest species of Day Gecko out there.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Day gecko.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store