My New Hippo Tang keeps swimming in the corner!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
I just got a new baby hippo tang and it keeps swimming in the corner against the glass... is this normal?? should i just give it time? the last one i had (previous tank) was all over the place!!

im thinking it could be either the fact that it sees its reflection in the glass or that the water flow is more focused in that side of the tank...

any ideas?

Ken_Allen

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
I just got a new baby hippo tang and it keeps swimming in the corner against the glass... is this normal?? should i just give it time? the last one i had (previous tank) was all over the place!!

im thinking it could be either the fact that it sees its reflection in the glass or that the water flow is more focused in that side of the tank...

any ideas?
All of my fish have done that. I guess it's exploring the tank. I remember when my freshwater fish did it for like 3 days. My saltwater chromis didn't do it for very long though.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I think that is somewhat normal for "dori's". I have seen that behaviour quite a bit with the smaller ones. Give it a few days to unstress and it should behave normally.

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
yeh he left that corner last night, woke up this morning n now hes MIA!!! cant find him under any rocks!! im gonna assume he didnt make it, sadly :( n gonna look for him after i take a shower...

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
got heaps of rocks... (120+ lb) and soem nice hiding places for it... its back out now, still swimming in the corner tho...

i only have 2 other clowns with it tho... so not much... the clowns are 8 years old tho, so they are pretty territorial...

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
yep it looks like time! hes slowly going out and exploring the tank! gotta love a guy like him! bout and inch long and is the most hyper thing ever!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store