55 gallon EMPTY

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
oh the options of a 55 gallon.... well for the first time ive decided to try something new. Discus!!!!

i have a few questions to start, how many can i keep? i plan on buying them all at 3in

how should i aquascape the tank?

some basics for care?

and breeding? is it hard?

also i want to start looking at what type ill want so please post your images of discuss here as well

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I'd go with with 3-4 Discus and some Corys in an Amazonian planted setup with driftwood.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
If you are starting with juveniles below 4 inches in size, make you tank barebottom for easy maintenance. Juveniles discus require several feedings daily and water changes are needed to compensate for the wastes they produce. Discus are not that difficult to keep. All you need is maintain clean water quality. Once they reach adult stage, you can attempt a planted tank setup. Make sure though all plants you buy are tolerant of the high temperature the discus needs. For tankmates, corydoras, rummy nose tetras, cardinals and blue rams often are added. Make sure the fish you select can withstand high temperature as well.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
i think 5 discus 6 cory and 2 German Blue ram, sound good. thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store