The mudskippers are here!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AliN

Neighbourhood zookeeper
Oct 6, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
Much excitement at our house... we picked up the 'skippers this morning! Their names are Freddy (the little guy) and Tasha (the bigger one) and we're hoping that they turn out to be the appropriate sexes. As far as we can tell, they are Periophthalmus barbarus so we didn't dare put more than just the two of them in our 30 g. tank.

The tank is looking OK, but I'm sure I'll want to make improvements to the layout as time goes on.

Thank you again to all who gave me advice, information and encouragement.

IMG_3236.jpg IMG_3238a.jpg IMG_3247a.jpg IMG_3243a.jpg

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Very cool! Great tank setup!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Mudskippers are so cute! You've got a great place to start with your tank... it looks awesome as it is.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Looks good, although you may run into territory issues in a tank that size once they are full grown (5-6"), especially if you end up with two males. I like the setup though.

AliN

Neighbourhood zookeeper
Oct 6, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I'm concerned about territory issues too, but I guess only time will tell. For now, they seem to be getting along quite well. I may add another piece of driftwood, to be sure that there are more places to get out of the water than there are fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store