njas fall fish show and auction

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

keithnj

AC Members
Jul 8, 2008
new jersey
anyone here belong to the njas ? are any of you going to the show or auction this weekend? im kinda new to the hobby and i feel a little awkward and nervous about going. im not sure what to expect.

unvmyplecos

without sorrow happiness is nothing
Jun 26, 2008
NY
go i urge you, just expet it to be crowded..... and watch out for wgat you win ive never heard of disease at an auction but ya never know dude

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I have attended a couple of NJAS shows over the years. You have nothing to feel awkward or nervous about. Here are a number of reasons why you should go:
- You will see a lot of interesting fish.
- You will have the chance to purchase both fish, plants and aquarium stuff at good prices.
- You will get to meet other people who share your passion. Most of whom are nice folks.
- You will learn a lot about fish and the hobby.
- Where else can you be in a group of people who all share your passion for the hobby. Nobody thinks you are nuts because you have tanks out the whazoo.
- You will heave a great time.

Go :)

NJCWGRL

AC Members
Oct 22, 2008
Virginia
NJAS

Hello, Im new to this site,But not new to the aquarium hobby. I lived in Jersey most of my life and was Secretary for NJAS for a few years I also was a breeder/and showed my fish. I managed Shark Aquarium in Union NJ. You will Love the auction Everyone is Very nice and helpful nothing to be nervious about. If Chuck Davis or Kevin Carr is there they will help you.
Have FUN :headbang2:
Shannon "Elaine"

keithnj

AC Members
Jul 8, 2008
new jersey
thanks shannon- i love the shark aquarium i think its my favorite lfs in the area. nice selection- great prices. - i cant attend the show on saturday(i cant find coverage for work) but im gonna check out the auction on sunday- iv never been to an auction anyone have any pointers?

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
ooo...I wish I knew about this earlier. I wouldn't have made plans for this weekend. I have been trying to make it to their auctions for years but something always comes up. Do they have an big auction in the spring too?

NJCWGRL

AC Members
Oct 22, 2008
Virginia
NJAS

Hi, Yes they usually do have a spring/summer auction, Check their web site for dates. If you attend the monthly meeting there are usually fish for aution at the meeting from BAP breeders.
Auction tips Dont scratch your Nose or you Might get a Fish or a Bag of air :eek3: Yea you too can get a bag of air. Just remember what you want to spend and TRY to stick to it and bring a piece of paper to right down lot #'s There is usually more then one bag of the same fish so you can get a few chances at what you want. Have Fun:dance:
Your going to love this auction.
Yea Shark Aquarium is a Great store He(George) donates fish to the auction and He does get alot of rare fish and has good prices.
Shannon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store