Aquaclear Filter Basket

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Has anyone ever had any problems with their Aquaclear HOB filter basket staying put? Mine keeps floating up on one end, and I am not sure why, I can't tell if the little tab has broken off or not (as far as I can tell its not, but its just not holding the filter basket down). I might just wedge something in there to hold it down, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

I also need to get a new impeller (and possibly motor) as sand got into it and it looks like the bar the impeller slots over has scores on it from sand or something. I might just hold off until Christmas and see if I can get a canister filter, and keep the Aquaclear as a back up.

As far as I can tell a canister is better for plants and a sand substrate, so might go that route... Ok done rambling, any ideas on the filter basket?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
what size ac filter is it? i have some spare impellar assemblies laying around. I can send you oen for shipping if I have the right size.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Normally the lifting up is the result of clogged media. Try rinsing out your media in a bucket of tank water or temp matched, dechlored tap water.

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
what size ac filter is it? i have some spare impellar assemblies laying around. I can send you oen for shipping if I have the right size.
This is what I like about Aquariacentral...............Its the AC110, let me know what you have, thanks :)

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
Normally the lifting up is the result of clogged media. Try rinsing out your media in a bucket of tank water or temp matched, dechlored tap water.
Will give that a try at the next water change, thanks. I have not given the sponge a good rinse for a while, so that is a possibility, especially with sand in the tank.

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
aw nuts, no extra impellars for one that size. I think i have one for an ac50 or ac70.
Oh well, its the thought that counts :-D

Its funny I have a spare impeller for a Whisper 60, makes me wonder how many spare impellers people have laying around.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
:iagree: this is what I found too

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
I have ceramics on the top they hold mine down

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store