Eheim 2217 Filter Media Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Hi Friends !

I just finished maintainance on my Eheim 2217. Actually the Instructional Manual says the filter media alignment as below-

1 Fine Eheim Filter Sponge (The White disc of filter medium) on Top and then 6 Coarse Eheim Filter Sponges (The Blue ones) from the bottom.

Now, as I had an extra Fine Filter Media, I placed 2 of them instead of the recommended 1. Just wanted to know if this is ok or can it harm my Filter ?

Please advice as I'm really worried...
Thanks !
Kush

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
Should be fine. What do you use for bio-media?

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Should be fine. What do you use for bio-media?
Ok then... Thank you so much for the kind reply...

I dont use anything as Bio-Media for now, because I was told that the Coarse Blue Pads themselves act as sites for bacterial development... Anyways I do plan to buy a Eheim Bio media soon and will add it to the filter when I do...

Thanks anyways....

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
I was just worried that the 2 pads could exert extra pressure on the Impeller / motor / pump and it may get harmed - any ideas regarding this ? Or is it safe to use 2 white ones ?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
No it won't hurt it as long as you keep up with the appropriate maintenance.

Just keep an eye on the output flow and when it's noticeably reduced, it's time to clean the filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store