New Photo - Panda Cory

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
New Photo - Corydoras leucomelas

Part of the clean up crew in a Cichlid grow out tank. Just more practice with macro photography. THis is a juvenile Cory. Use the gravel and the algae wafer for reference in size.

Last edited:

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
It appears to be Corydoras leucomelas, note the uneven splotches, lack of lineation, the dorsal fin marking.

Nice cory!
:)

Last edited:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, those are great, I have a group of 4 of them in my tank along with Melaistius, Sodalis, and Pandas. I've been looking for some Nanus, but have yet to find any here in town.

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
Thanks for the correction. I bought them as a "clean team". Appreciate the correction. Their is fifteen of them in the 90 gallon grow out tank. Do they swin in shoals normally?

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Originally posted by MoJo
Do they swin in shoals normally?
Yes.....fifteen of the guys must look pretty awesome swimming around and hanging out together...I'm sure you will see some breeding going on with these guys eventually with that many of them...it seems that the addition of cooler water added to the tank during a water change simulates a rain storm, stimulating them to spawn....a group of 2 or more males will swim frantically around a female while fertilizing her eggs(usually on the glass). Post some pics if you are lucky enough to witness this...it is truely a very cool thing to see.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store