CO2 setup and help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-[AnThOnY]-

AC Members
Jun 12, 2008
New Orleans, LA
looking into getting a co2 system for my 36 gal bowfront, what exactly would i need and how expensive would it be, i found a "kit" on fosters site that was 379 without co2 tank is that about right or anybody now somewhere cheaper

thanks for help

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
www.water-testers.com for a milwaukee regulator for $85 shipped
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2.shtml or ebay.com for co2 tank

You would probably be fine with a 5lb tank and that will run you $65 shipped

If your lighting is good and you get the co2 + ferts.. In 2-3 months the system will pay itself off with the plant growth/trims/plant sales you will be doing.

oblongshrimp

AC Members
Oct 12, 2008
Get the regulator online, Bk828's suggestion is good. I would recommend looking for a CO2 tank locally. You should be able to get one at a welding supply store. Usually they swap out the tanks each time. If the CO2 tank is hidden under your stand then this is a good option since they take care of the hydrotesting (pressure test) that must be done every 5 yrs. Its also easier to find a place to refill them if you can just switch it out instead of paying more for an aluminum tank you want to keep. Also when you buy a CO2 tank locally they often come filled.

I would also recommending getting the largest CO2 cylinder you can hide well. The reason is they cost less to fill per lb and then you dont have to fill it as often.

-[AnThOnY]-

AC Members
Jun 12, 2008
New Orleans, LA
seems to me that the best size cost wize is the 15 lb tank, the 5lb is 60 bucks the 10lb is 84 and the 15 is 89...so i think whenever i get around to it the 15 sounds like a good size, how long does it usually take before you need to fill it up?

darkmindzz

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
yes anythony... i would rock a 10 -1 5 pounder simply becuase you dont have to fill it up so soon.. ( not that every 3 months is soon) .. but i dont mean to thread jack.. but when i switch to a pressurized CO2 setup over my seachem excel method.. wil i se a hude differnce in plant quality ??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store