White spots on hepatus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lenny491

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
Kyiv, Ukraine
I'm new to this forum and would like to say hi to everyone here!
Now to my problem. About 5 days ago I've noticed white spots on my hepatus (blue tang). The first thing that came to my mind is that the fish has cryptocarion (white spot disease). But there's one thing that's puzzling to me: the white spots appear in the evening hours. What I mean is: in the morning and during the day the fish is clean, but closer to evening (about 8PM) the white spots would to appear... What can it be if it's not the cryptocarion? Did anyone have a similar conditions? I would really appreciate any suggestions!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Can you provide any pictures? In many cases, it just involves the spots showing up with a change in the fish's coloration.

lenny491

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
Kyiv, Ukraine
Thank you for you reply! I will try to make some pics. But... It definitely doesn't look like a change in fish's coloration. At first glance it looks like ich but then.. Why would it disappear during the night and reappear in the evening..?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
What I had meant to convey was that the change in the fish's coloration can make the encysted tissue stand out more. That is usually the case or you could be catching certain parasites between cycles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store