gold spot butterfly pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1 fish 2 fish

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Grand Rapids, MI
Visit site
I bought this gold spot butterfly pleco, and I'm not finding a whole lot of info on it. I was told it is one of the smaller plecos, got it for 5.99. It's about 1.5"-2". I'd like to know if it likes driftwood, and if it is a pure algae eater or if it likes other food. I'm a little worried it isn't finding the algea wafers I'm dropping in for it.

Does it go by any other common names? or what is it's scientific name?

1 fish 2 fish

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Grand Rapids, MI
Visit site
It looks more pleco like than that though, it's fins on the side are smaller, and there is a space between the two sets of fins. Also I would say it's spots aren't as consistent as those on the loach, the stripes on the tail of the loach look similar to those on my mystery fish. It also poops a lot. thanks for the quick reply!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
It is possible that its a loricarid - but there are so many different kinds, without a pic it would be hard to identify positively.

1 fish 2 fish

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Grand Rapids, MI
Visit site
dang, taking good pictures of fish is hard, I think these might do it though...

One more question, is that vine looking thing behind the plec coming from the plant in the second picture a shoot for a new plant? Thanks in advance

IMG_0702.JPG IMG_0705.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store