angel fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

maigen

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
ontario canada
Visit site
i have kept angel fish for years & never had any problems, but now my community fish are disappearing.....no dead bodies, no body parts........just completely gone. it has been suggested to me that my angel fish are indulging in a sushi smorgasboard when i turn the aquarium lights out. any thoughts?? i am missing 2 rather large fancy tail cuban guppies & a pleco.

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
the guppies are probably angel food by now, but unless the pleco was really small, he is probably just hiding.
good luck
:)

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
How old are the guppies? Guppies live about 2 years. Could they have died and then been eaten by the angels? Or maybe they were dying and the angels "helped". I know angels can be aggressive but I have not seen them eat full grown healthy fish. I doubt they would wait until lights out either as they are not nocturnal.
Pleco is probably hiding as already mentioned. Even my green terror can't eat my pleco, I doubt an angel could.

maigen

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
ontario canada
Visit site
i want to thank everybody for their help & advice. the angel fish have been returned to the fish store....nobody has died or gone missing since & some salt added to the tank has completely cleared up the remaining war wounds

have a great weekend !!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store