Get yellow-tail blue damsel?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WateryWorld

Girl out of water
Oct 27, 2008
Louisville KY
Hi. Will a yellow-tail blue damsel do okay in my current Biocube 29 gal and be somewhat easy to care for? It has a clown, fire fish, star fish, nephtia coral, lawnmower blenny, a couple other plant looking things, and I will be adding a hermit crab.

WateryWorld

Girl out of water
Oct 27, 2008
Louisville KY
Before I got the clown and firefish, I had a dark blue and black small fish. He was picking on the clown too much, so I got rid of him soon after getting the clown. I took him to a pet store and gave him to them, and the pet store guy thought he was a damsel IIRC. One of the less expensive 'beginner' fish probably. So that is part of why I have concern. However, it seems like a very different situation with the damsel being the newcomer this time.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Personally I wouldn't. Damsels can be really aggressive and although the yellowtail (Chrysiptera parasema) is probably one of the least aggressive of the damsels, I still wouldn't add it as you already have one.

JMO

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store