Feeding snails to Figure 8 puffers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Hi all!

I just went to the LFS and picked up some pond snails to feed my F8 puffers. When I got to thinking: can I just put the snails in the tank, or do I have to acclimate them to the SG in order for them to live long enough to be hunted?

I only got the puffers a few days ago, and this is the first time I've had to think about it...

thanks!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Mine don't live long enough to be "hunted" with my GSP...as soon as the tank lid opens, he is right there waiting, they don't even make it to the bottom of the tank before getting eaten.

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
Mine don't live long enough to be "hunted" with my GSP...as soon as the tank lid opens, he is right there waiting, they don't even make it to the bottom of the tank before getting eaten.
X2 mine are the same way, they also love ghost shrimp.

zoowks

AC Members
Oct 13, 2007
Orlando
ditto. How ever many i put in, he still eats them all. no worries about them needing to acclimate. I drop in alot of ghost shrimp because I have plants for them to hide in and they do fine with no acclimation from fresh to brackish. People say shrimp arn't hardy, mine are :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store