Terrarium :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
Last week I set up a spiffy terrarium :) It's in a 40 breeder.

It's in the works, but here's what I have so far.

I just wanted to get some HELPFUL opinions (please no flaming or bashing...)

I still need to add lots of plants and moss to the land area. I'm soaking a peice of drift wood for the water, and I'm planning on adding a couple of dwarf cichlids next week. I'm cycling the water with a school of guppies and a cory cat :)

Oh... and the water is usually a few inches deeper.

wah 004.jpg wah 001.jpg wah 002.jpg

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Helpful suggestion - you have maybe....4-5 gallons of water in there? Not nearly enough for dwarf cichlids. You might be able to get away with a few shrimp or something, but thats all I'd do. Other than that, looks good.

Fuguuuu!
Oct 3, 2008
Spokanistan
www.myspace.com
Filtration? There's a water fall. You can see the plastic river in the first two pictures. I also have a "biobag" In the far right side of that divider. That along with daily water changes. With all those heat lamps my water evaporates like crazy.

Also there's about 10 gallon's of water in there I'd say. 10 gallons won't be enough for dwarf cichlids?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Its an anaconda.

Still don't think thats enough water for dwarf cichlids. How warm does the water get with all those lights? And topping up after evaporation isn't the same as a water change.

Darkness9876

AC Members
Aug 11, 2008
No Where Kansas
evaporation will only concentrate the harmfull chemicals in the water.

and if i'm correct that tank would have to be 1/4 full to have 10gallons in it which yours is like 1/8th full.

bigwave

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
I would have to agree, it looks like a little less than 10 gallons.

Will the snake chase/eat the fish? If so, I would think I would choose cheap fish, not dwarf cichlids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store