A thread for the 150 menagerie and surrounding madness.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Okay, so I finally got some pics. They are not the best, I apologize, I am still learning. Also this was a borrowed camera, I cant wait to get my own!!! Then I will put some nice pics on here. but at least this way I can share what I am doin. hopefully get some interesting feed back and ideas. The 150 has kinda gone a few to many places, I really just got exited about havin a big tank again and therefore rushed into getting it running. I will be perfecting it over time and narrowing down what I really want to do. So far I know I like the fish selection, the lava rock(for babies to swim about), and driftwood. of course this tank will eventually be heavily planted. I dont really care so much for the fake castle(its cool and all, jus doesnt really match) but I wanted crabby patty in here, and she's had that castle since she was the size of a pencil eraser. I definately want to make the slate pile in the back taller, and maybe wider, i really like the bubble curtain around it. above the 150 are two 10s with betas. and above that is my female iguanas(DEZ) territory. Shes a free roamin ig, but the shelves give her a private place to bask, and her food and water is up there too. well here goes, let me know what u think. I am also planing a huge tank for an oscar, dempsey, severums, knife and possibly a couple rays, so if you have any ideas about that let me know too. I will start a thread for that tank once I decide on the blue prints and actually start the project.

150.jpg 150frpnt.jpg tank left.jpg tank right.jpg whole tank.jpg woodslate.jpg bamforest.jpg bolbam.jpg dice.jpg dice and kissers.jpg hifin.jpg jungle.jpg kissy.jpg newsword.jpg pattycastle.jpg pearl.jpg platty wood.jpg ram.jpg

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Oh, by the way the equipt I'm using is:
Rena xp3
2 stealth heaters set to 80 (to encourage livebearer breeding)
2 sun grow compact florescents
I am not sure the bulbs in the big lamp as they came with the tank(it was a planted tank befor I brought it home) so I never really looked, jus fig I'll replace them in a couple months.
CO2 is in the works, I am attempting a diy, and just workin piece by piece as i can find them(or more correctly the $ for them) so if any one has any suggestions on CO2 and what works best please let me know. not sure if i should go in line or in the bubble hose? IDK i've never used CO2 b4.
My substrate under all that lava rock is just cheap play sand. It is purple play sand under the slate and fine gravel, as I plan to put lucky bamboo all around there.
I havent started a fert plan yet, so any recommendations would be great there too. I really wanted to use seachem flourish, maybe I'll work that in eventually.
I dont have a lot for plants yet. besides the few bamboo, I have my amazon sword and two of its little offspring. and a few crazy clipping someone brought to my lfs. I would like to get some dwarf hair grass for the front.
These guys eat color enhancing flakes, bloodworms, brine, daphnia and emerald entre. All on a rotating schedule of course. anyway, thanks if you read all this I tend to ramble when talking about my pets.

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
Wow interesting tank! Did you have that custom built or did you buy it as is? What are the dimensions, l/w/h? You could probably grow some nice foreground plants pretty easily since the tank looks so stout... Love the bolivian rams!

Last edited:

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Thanks. The tank is 16" tall. Its 26" wide and 6' long. The tank was custom built but not for me. The man I got it from just decided to get out of aquariums all together. I got the tank, lights, xp3, a 30 gallon tank bubbler and home made stand, also got the rams, kissers and an oscar. He practically gave the stuff to me. I only really paid for the tank(and probly not even enough). I was sooooo happy! Hopefully I can make the tank look nice now.

syddakyd

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
thats crazy. does the iguana swim in the big tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store