Pictus Cat?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Anyone had experience with these guys?

I've always thought they were really cool but I'm having trouble figuring out how big they get though, one site says 6" one says 10" another says over a foot long! Any other information would be very helpful

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I recently asked this question about Pimelodus pictus if this is the one you are talking about I got an answer of around 5-6" at full size.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
These guys are really active from my experience. I know that the ones in the store I work at will eat bloodworms, pellets or flakes. I have been told by people that they like to be in groups and will be much more active for you if you have multiples.

Pnoiz1

Registered Member
Nov 25, 2008
I love pictus catfish and in my experience, they are really hardy fish. They do well in groups of two or more and are really fast swimmers. I have 3 in a 55gal with my FH and they don't get picked on. They've got really hard heads and sharp barbs, so they can hold their own with larger fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store