Dojo Loach and Black Moor Goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Xclaw

AC Members
Oct 20, 2002
BC, Canada
DO NOT MIX!

I needed a place to put my black moor gf today when I was cleaning his bowl. I had to leave for an emergancy for about 3 hours. When I returned home my newly aquired Dogo Loach was fatally wounded with his top fin eaten right off and sadly he passed on shortly after I found out about it.

I do not kow to much about the black m gf but I guess I should have researched a little more before placing him in with the dojo.

Thanks for your time

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Wow. I never found goldfish to be aggressive like that...maybe a little pushy at feeding time.

Sorry about your dogo loach.:(

Xclaw

AC Members
Oct 20, 2002
BC, Canada
I figured it to be the bmgf because the only other tank mates are 4 corys and they all got along fine. Plus the marks on the loach were huge "chomp" marks that the mouth of the bmgf could only make. It's sad but I thought I'd pass on what happened incase someone else comes across the same situation.

Thanks for your time

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
sensei-I feel the same

I had a dojo loach that was one of the most interesting fish I ever bought, his name was Miagi...my tank came down with ick, so to rescue him I put him in a friend's tank, unfortunately the blue guorami had it's way with him and woudned him and he was too weak to fight the infection

my condolences to your loss..a very great fish, indeed

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
I can't wait until I can afford a larger tank. I want to get a 55gal and give Sensei more room to exercise. I hate seeing him nail the sides of the aquarium just as he's getting up to speed (ouch).

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
my buddy had my dojo in his 55, where it was killed, but nonetheless he definitely liked it way more than in my 10g

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store