Big-Bellied Angel??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
It sounds to me that they just ate way too much (my largest did this just a few days ago :) ). To be on the safe side, though, is the big belly round or does it follow the contour of the fish's body? Also, what are your water perameters (mainly ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate)? What size tank are they in? What is your cleaning routine?

t_h_e_s_a_c_k

Roses are ugly, and so is your face
May 18, 2003
CANADA
Visit site
I think your angel may have just gone on a binge eating spree (not uncommon with my oscar...). probably nothing to worry about, but if you think it might be an illness then we should start with water perameters.

SBee

AC Members
Feb 19, 2003
Delta, BC, Canada!
Well I haven't tested the water parameters yet, but it's a 90 gallon tank, and I do 25% water changes weekly. The tank is rather understocked; just the 2 angels, a few neons, a few rasboras, 5 scissortail rasboras, a guppy, 2 plecos, and a few danios.

Maybe he just ate too much.....the other fish, including the other angel, all look great so I didn't think that disease was a factor...but yeah, I will keep an eye on them....

I can definitely rule out eggs though? I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but the bulge was pretty huge last I looked, equal on both sides, and I'm pretty sure it follows the contours of the angel's lower body, but is rounded otherwise.

maybe I will take a picture later and post it!

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
If the fish is an adult it certainly can be eggs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store