plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantedrandall

AC Members
Mar 25, 2008
Killa Kali
"Swap N Shop Temporary Closure Dear Planted Tank Members,
As you may have noticed the Swap N Shop has been temporarily disabled. No new posts/threads can currently be made. All old posts can be viewed.
The Swap N Shop will be disabled until a set of revised rules can be made. Why are revised rules needed? Originally the forum was created so members could trade plants and aquaria related "stuff" with each other. As the forum progressed some members started making a small amount of money off of their "stuff". These members were simply asked to become supporting members. Currently there are quite a few members making a fairly significant amount of money on the Swap N Shop. They are essentially utilizing it as a free storefront.
This becomes unfair for our sponsors who pay a good deal of money to advertise their brand and products. The current situation has gotten to the point that the moderators and I believe disabling the forum is the best option until a resolution is found.
Please bear with us during this time. If you have any question, comments, suggestions on ways to work through this please feel free to contact me.
If you are currently in the middle of a transaction, please continue it through private message with the other party.
Regards, Kyle"

lol

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Yep....seen this on other forums....sounds like the management want a cut of their profits...Are they right or wrong for wanting that? It depends on what, if any, revenue they have coming in from the sponsors on the forum....forums do have to be paid for somehow, either via fees, sponsorships or out of the admins pocket...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store