Tire track eel care sheet

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
Is it tyre or tire track eel? A friend of mine picked up this today and I wanted to know if anyone had a care sheet for these eels. Is it a true freshwater eel or it brackish? He will be putting it in a community tank. Any info would be great.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
Thanks Lupin, that link cleared up a couple of question. I will pass it on to my friend. He bought the fish without really researching it. He did google it on his phone, but I don't think that he got a lot of info.

I know he was planning on getting a bigger tank, I just don't think he is ready for how big this is going to become. Also I think he may end up with that being the only fish. He has a small (29 gallon) tank with community fish.

Then I wonder how long it is going to live between how his feeds his fish (it looks like someone shook a snowglobe) and his girlfriend's daughter likes to dump a whole can of food in the tank.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Tell him to keep all fishfoods away from his daughter's reach! Goodness knows how much damage by pouring a can can be wreaked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store