14 months later

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
My paludarium is finally coming along... As some of you may remember, for the past 9 months I have been waging an epic battle against this nasty black slimy stuff infesting my moss/land portions. About 5 months ago, the tide turned in some places as I used my filter to pump the water up to the top of the left side of the tank and let water with Flourish Excel flow over my moss. This worked, but if for some reason my water output changed, the black stuff would be back.
Now, I have cut out the water from the pool and I exclusively use distilled water to mist the land portions of my tank. I have been misting less and covering more of the tank with my glass top. I also introduced springtails about a month back. I am unsure how many are alive, but all of this and a healthy spurt of fungus appears to be comsuming many of the available nutrients for whatever that black stuff was. My moss is spreading, albiet slowly, and I even have some emmersed Riccia fluitans on the wood. Now I just need my frog guy to get me my frogs!

paludarium1111082.JPG paludarium d. dario.JPG paludarium 111108.JPG

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
That is wicked awesome!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Looks good!