What CO2 drop checker should I buy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
So I'm tired of guessing to see if my CO2 is really working and is at optimum level, so I have decided to buy a drop checker. Problem is which one? I have been looking at this one for the past couple days, but I heard that these kinds aren't very accurate. Can somebody help me in this area? By the way, I use a 3 liter bottle of DIY yeast CO2 in a 30 gallon tank and I use a ladder to diffuse it with a powerhead above to break down the leftover bubbles. I am also thinking of adding another 2 liter bottle of yeast mixtoure to my tank.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
replace the following
1- with a good API ph reagent

Where can find this?

2- with a 4dkh solution

Do I make one on my own? If so, how do I do it?
Where can I find only a drop checker for cheaper? I can't find any locally.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I found a link here in AC how to make a 4dkh solution from basically nothing. Here it is. Will the color graphing system still work the same for this solution? The only way to buy just a drop checker is to buy the one I posted earlier, throw out the ph reagent and use the 4dkh solution.

Jag1980

Got Plants?
Aug 18, 2008
Marysville, Wa
I would think most all drop checkers will work the same since it's all the same method of trapping the gas.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store