Clownfish Eggs, A closer look with microscopy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquacultural

Registered Member
Nov 3, 2008
Hi just sharing photos on my current project XD
Currently i am trying to breed the perculas under lab conditions and fining out what triggers them to spawn. Its my final year project i am doing for my school =3

well got some eggs from a pair and did a microscopy on them. So just thought it would be nice to share them =3

under the microscope you can really see their heartbeat and all =D very beautiful.

The blacks spot you see are pigmentation that will eventually give the clowns their colour. the orange thing in the middle is the egg sac to give the larvae nutrients.

if you see their"tail" that is the adhesive part where the egg is attached to a substrate.

DSCN2918.jpg DSCN2927.jpg DSCN2935.jpg

rinmouse

peek-a-boo!
Aug 5, 2006
Amazing, thanks for sharing. Sounds like an interesting project!

1wizz

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
Edge of the New Forest, Hampshire UK
Real Name
David
Camera Used
Mobile phone P30
Fantastic pictures, thanks for posting.
There is a well known independent breeder in England who i have spoken to who would possibly help you out. He is the owner of MG Marines in Dudley, West Midlands UK.
He has been in print a number of times the last i know of was a large piece in Practical Fishkeeping.
By the way he told me that clowns will breed constantly if food is available, also they would breed in a dirty puddle if you let them, raising the fry is the hard part.
Good luck.

aquacultural

Registered Member
Nov 3, 2008
Those are cool!! When are you going to start selling the spaw? :)

nah dont think i'll be selling the spawn, its under the school so i have no say, although its my work. Boooo :(

my school will decide

Fantastic pictures, thanks for posting.
There is a well known independent breeder in England who i have spoken to who would possibly help you out. He is the owner of MG Marines in Dudley, West Midlands UK.
He has been in print a number of times the last i know of was a large piece in Practical Fishkeeping.
By the way he told me that clowns will breed constantly if food is available, also they would breed in a dirty puddle if you let them, raising the fry is the hard part.
Good luck.
starting a rotifer culture next year =3

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store