Kissing cories and the snail invasion!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kamikaze_fish

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
Kansas

Unfortunately the quality of the picture isn't that great so you can't see well but the decoration has just as many MTS on it as you can see in the sand!

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
Cool pix! The cories are absolutely adorable.

From what I understand, MTS come out of the substrate to the surface when O2 gets low in the tank/substrate.

kamikaze_fish

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
Kansas
Cool pix! The cories are absolutely adorable.

From what I understand, MTS come out of the substrate to the surface when O2 gets low in the tank/substrate.

They've been coming out about the same time every night, almost like they're anticipating the lights going off. I'll keep that in mind though and see what I can do to increase the aeration.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Great cory shot!

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Mts come out at night, I had so many I was going mad. I finally got rid of them all as they bred like mad. I found 2 yesterday :eek: they went by by. those and the rams horns took over my ten gallon tanks.
now my apples are going wild. wile on vacation both tanks exploded with babies, I must have a thousand :eek:

kamikaze_fish

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
Kansas
Mts come out at night, I had so many I was going mad. I finally got rid of them all as they bred like mad. I found 2 yesterday :eek: they went by by. those and the rams horns took over my ten gallon tanks.
now my apples are going wild. wile on vacation both tanks exploded with babies, I must have a thousand :eek:
Originally I got them for 2 reasons, I wanted a puffer so I wanted them to breed and become food, and I wanted them to keep my sand moving to eliminate ammonia pockets. Unfortunately I found out later that the puffer won't eat them so I'm maybe going to plan B and getting a good loach.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store