jabberjaw's 150gallon - from the get go

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Hey everybody,
I had been a bit slack in updates during my '38g tank phase' but since the day is coming ever closer to having my new 150g tank set up, I thought I'd run a continuous log right from the start.
So here we go..... (drum roll please)
The tank has been delivered (custom un-drilled 5ftX2ftX2ft 'almost' full open top)
Have already got most of the additional heaters/filters/PH's/etc sorted out.
Just waiting on the lighting rig to be delivered and we're pretty much ready to go.
I have re-housed my existing livestock (snowflake eel & fuzzy dwarf lionfish) and currently my existing tank is jam packed with approx 50kgs of live rock (another 50kgs to be ordered over the next month or so)
So yeah, that's where I'm at at the moment - stay tuned for more exciting adventures as things start taking shape!

(apologies for the blurry camera phone pics - will be back to decent pics next update :p: )

21112008489.jpg 21112008490.jpg lr.jpg

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
yep, 110%.
The guy who builds them also builds the aquariums. He's been doing it professionally for over 10 years and has had no problems at all (even with 8ft tanks).

BubbleBack_Ek9_

Shrimp Breeder
Jan 14, 2008
thats good about the stand lmaooooo

Im subscribed

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
man, i wouldnt trust that bunch of toothpicks as far as i could throw it. probably just because im paranoid and dont know how to make tank stands :D

tank looks good, you got rid of the snowflake and DFL or put them in another tank?

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah it quite suprising how much those stands can hold, theyr'e very common here in Australia (apparently they are stronger than the store bought ones that come with those factory tanks - something to do with being made from solid wood & not particle board.. I dunno, Im not a carpenter :D)

But anyway, yes I the snowflake & dwarf lion have been rehoused into friends tank - was a hard decision, but now I have the larger tank, I want to start a nice peaceful semi-reef tank with lots of varied livestock (size & type) and with the snowflake chowing down on everything from crabs to clowns I knew it was time to find him a new home. And as for the lion, I threw him in as a package deal.. so I guess Im starting fresh again (well, apart from all the inverts I still have)

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
I'd definitely recommend them for sure - was a great looking fish and as long as he was regularly fed, he didn't bother any of the other tank inhabitants (tho I can't guarantee this would be the same for all specimens)

mickitaz

AC Members
Nov 20, 2008
lost somewhere in my head
Nice tank. I like the look of the stand too. I find most of the time, homemade stands are the most reliable, and the better looking stands.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store