My redesigned Fire bellied toad setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
After seeing calivivarium1's paludarium, it gave me an inspiration to redesing my Fire bellied toad's 20 gallon long plaudarium. I went for plants that are normally aquatic growing emersed, but it eventually evolved into more than that. I didn't take any pictures of when I was setting it up, I'm sorry. I found out that if sphagnum peat moss is wet enough, it will stick to glass if you pack it down on it, so I went all out and created the sides and back with the phagnum moss bacground. I also found a great piece of wood in a river that had a little trough where I drilled a hole for some tubing to go through to make a little river. I've put some java moss on the very moist soil hoping for it to "stick" and make me a lawn like foreground, along with a pot of creeping fig I ordered for the back, but for now I have some sort of miniature Ivy. I also bought some feeder guppies to take up the aquatic section of the Paludarium.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Great FBT setup! I agree that is looks very natural. Good job!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A great looking project!

abi88

Unknown species
Sep 8, 2008
---ish,Wa
www.myspace.com