Need a list of good books

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
I need a list of good books for SW everything that we can put in the archives. Please list the books and authers. You can also give a brief description of the books as well. Thanks

Last edited:

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
The Conscientious Marine Aquarist - by Robert M. Fenner
Excellent all-around book...#1 on many book lists

Marine Fishes - by Scott W. Michael
Great as a quick reference on many SW species

Aquarium Corals - by Eric H. Borneman
Very informative with detailed explanations

The New Marine Aquarium - by Michael S. Paletta
Decent beginner book

Other notable SW authors: Julian Sprung, John H. Tullock, J. Charles Delbeek, etc.

Satchmo

AC Members
May 28, 2001
NJ, 16E
"The Book of Coral Propogation Vol 1" -Anthony Calfo
--Bad title, much more than propogation.

Pisces

Night Owl
Mar 4, 2002
Fayetteville, AR
Real Name
Lisa
A Practical Guide to Corals for the Reef Aquarium - Eric Borneman & Ed Puterbaugh
Many consider this to be the Coral keeper's Bible, informative, great photos, great for beginners and advanced

The Manual of Marine Invertebrates - Martyn Haywood & Sue Wells
Helpful when selecting inverts, what is safe and what isn't

Corals A Quick Reference Guide - Julian Sprung
For identifying corals and their requirements, great photos

Dr. Burgess's Mini-Atlas of Marine Aquarium Fishes - Dr. Warren Burgess, Dr. Herbert Axelrod & Raymond Hunziker III
Excellent for correctly identifying fish, 1900 color photos

Marine Algae Control Secrets
Live Sand Secrets
Protein Skimming & Activated Carbon Secrets (3 small books) - Bob Goemans, Ph. D.
Text only but helpful

fishfreek

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Virginia
www.aquariumadvice.com
Originally posted by Reefscape
I need a list of good books for SW everything that we can put in the archives. Please list the books and authers. You can also give a brief description of the books as well. Thanks
Dale, If your still looking you can take a look at our Suggested Readings List over at Aquarium Advice

It has many of the books already suggested here but we have also included the ISBN #'s where applicable and also some text descriptions.

makai

big kahuna
Nov 27, 2002
Fall River, MA
Visit site

cboyfan2020

AC Members
Jan 10, 2003
wichita, kansas
Visit site
good book

Saltwater aquariums for dummies is a good,easy to understand quick reference book for sw tanks. it includes compatability, disease id, etc.

Pisces

Night Owl
Mar 4, 2002
Fayetteville, AR
Real Name
Lisa
Here's a book my husband just bought at PetSmart for just $19.98, I've never seen it before. It was just published in 2002 so it's very up to date with easy to understand information on all aspects of a marine or reef tank, from equipment to water properties. It also covers selecting fish, corals, and inverts for the tank with plenty of color photos. There's even a helpful glossary in the back of the book. I'd suggest this book to anyone with any kind of marine tank.

The Complete Book Of The Marine Aquarium ~ By Vincent B. Hargreaves
304 pages, more than 700 fish and invert species described
published 2002 Thunder Bay Press

quantim0

Go Packers!!
Feb 19, 2002
Westfield, NJ
a few reef books;

The Reef Aquarium: A comprehensive guide to the identification and care of tropical marine invertebrates. Vol. 1 &2
by, Charles Delbeek and Julian Sprung

The Modern Reef Aquarium Vol. 1-4
by, Svein A. Fossa, Alf Jacob Nilsen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store