Will different types of Cory cats school together?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishstix3000

Beware the Caerbannog Rabbit!
Nov 23, 2008
I currently have one albino cory cat and one dalmation cory cat. I want to get more so that they can be happy. My question is this: do different species of cory cat school together? Or should I get a bunch that are all the same type?

Thanks!

abi88

Unknown species
Sep 8, 2008
---ish,Wa
www.myspace.com
I agree with Rich...you should get a large group of both-if your tank will allow. But they should swim together...my pandas and spotted do swim together....but I have a nice sized group of both:) Just remember as many Cories as you can get will be best....so what size is your tank.

Fishstix3000

Beware the Caerbannog Rabbit!
Nov 23, 2008
Good to know! Thanks for getting back to me. Is it ok to buy them from the same tank, presuming that they are probably siblings, or would it be better to get them from various sources? Or does it even matter? Thanks again!!

rich311k

AC Members
Mar 28, 2005
Long Island, NY
Real Name
Rich
Never really thought about that. It wont make any difference. If you were a few generations into a breeding program new blood would be a good idea but for a community tank it will not be of any concern.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
You can get bronzes and albinos together, they are the same type. They are very active and entertaining in a group and they are pretty good at laying eggs for you. Peppered are much more laid back and they watch the bronzes and albinos with looks of disbelief when the latter start going nuts in the evening wanting to be fed. I don't know what a dalmation is but the albinos are my favorite and they stay pretty small.

my peppered and my albinos

Imawhat.jpg

11-01-02 160.jpg

snail2.jpg

11-18-2008 038.jpg

Imawhat.jpg 11-01-02 160.jpg snail2.jpg 11-18-2008 038.jpg

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
I must say I have 5 different kinds of corydoras (bandit, skunk, albino, julii and peppered) and they all school together and sleep on top of one another lol. I only have one of each, they are soooo cute. I wanted variety but didn't have the space for a school of each so I tried it this way and it seems to be working well for them! Guess it depends on individuals?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store