shells for shellies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
where can i get some? i cant find them. so far all ive found is these expensive lil bags of shells that are almost all to small.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I have heard that you can check with fancy restaraunts (that serve escargo) and ask for their discarded shells......They might think you are crazy but it's worth as shot!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
go to aquabid and click on breeding supplies there will be alot of folks selling shells, as for me i went to a whole foods specialty store and bought escargot for like 55 cents a shell with the snail still inside so i bought a crap load of them ate the escargot eww nothing goes to waste here and afterwards i boiled the shells and let them cool down and wallah ready for your shellies aye, later my friend..

AlexW

I'm a gremlin
Apr 21, 2008
WA
Costco sells cases of the escargo things, shells seperate with the snail part in a can.

I like the look of escargo shells and when I set up my shelly tank I plan to use a mix of them and urchin shells (which I think look awesome but slightly expensive)

RiftLakeRosco

AC Members
Nov 10, 2008
most lfs have plenty of empty shells laying in their tanks from lost snails... wether it be fresh or salt water. after 15 plus years, mine had plenty to choose from. lady told me to take any EMPTY ones i wanted. maybe try that

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
That would be 30 cents....not bad I guess....depends on how many you need.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store