Kole tang scrape marks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
My kole tang seems a little hyperactive the last several days, and has some developed some markings that look like scrape or bruise or scuff marks. First, it was along what would be like the narrow bridge of its nose or forehead...now there's a mark on one side.

It is eating healthy, no other signs of problems with the tank. It otherwise looks OK, in terms of coloring, fins, etc. The marks almost look like they would result from bumping into or scraping along the rocks.

Any ideas?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Fish are prone to scraping themselves against rocks, especially when you have a very active fish with limited swimming room. As long as the scrapes do not beomce infected, they should heal within 4-5 days.

Make sure to check the fish for spots, though, as tangs are prone to parasitic infections and scraping is one symptom of infection, and the fish tries to remove the parasites in their skin.

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
Thanks, I will keep an eye on it carefully. Also, there are 3 cleaner shrimp in the tank, as well as excellent filtration and a UV sterilizer...Ive never had a sick fish in the tank, so hopefully I don't now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store