albino cories

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishdude

so i says to the guy....
Jun 11, 2003
winchester VA
Visit site
I ahve had my ten gal for about a year now and recently i have noticed my two cories have peices like bite marks on there pectoral and top (dont know that one:) ) fin and there is a little les tail each day. ive checked for tail rot and i dont know what could be happening to them, they leave each other alone from what ive seen and the other fish leave them alone,not sure about my black khuli loach though. thanks for helping

rich

AC Members
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
do they flash around at all? do you use injected co2 in your tank. i just had the same thing happen to 2 of my albino cories as well and they died under an ich treatment i was giving my otos. the other 3 are fine and cruising around with no signs of fin problems.

MaryPa

AC Members
Oct 21, 2003
York Co.Pennsylvania
Visit site
I agree with ChilDawg those gouramis are real stinkers when it comes to nipping.

Dwarfnut

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
Visit site
Another vote for the Gouramis... they can be quite mean! Especially the dwarf varieties! I finally got rid of mine as they would chase and nit at any other kind of ish and they are pretty sneaky about it. I had to do some stealth recon to actually see them doing it!!

Best of luck,
Bill C.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Hm...I don't know that its the gouramis. Generally, the cories stay at the bottom of the tank, out of the way of gouramis, which are nearer the top. Also, cories are usually too fast for the gouramis. When you say there is a little less tail everday, do you mean it just shortens the whole length, or is it shredded? I might be inclined to say, if it isn't rot or fungus, that its the loach, since he would be a little territorial for "ground" space.

Hm...off topic, but your tank seems overstocked to me...considering:

4 dwarf gouramis - 2.5" each = 10"
1 loach - 3-4"
2 cories - 1.5 each = 3"
6 glowlights - 1.5 each = 9"

total: 25" ish...I might move the loach or a pair of dwarfs

and cories are happier in at least a group of three...sorry...I just had to mention it:)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store