Introducing two miracle bettas. OH and they need to be sexed, is there an expert in

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
...the house?....
Did I post their story here?// I don't remember. I'm not in the mood for retelling a story right now now. What I need right now is to have these two small bettas sexed.

I have decided that if both are females, I will keep both of them, if one is female and one is male, I will keep the female. If both are males, I will be keeping one of them and re-homing the other one.

Oh and if anyone is interested, I 'll give out their "pedigree" details. They are both from private breeders and not from petshop bettas. Local pickup or Burlington fish club road trip only. I am not buying a bunch of shipping supplies for a single betta in the dead of winter. Especially one so special that I don't want to experiment with. IF I ever get into shipping, it will be in the spring and only if I can't find any interest either locally or from the Burlington fish club three hours away.
Without further delay, here are the two miracle bettas.

Last edited:

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
No pics!

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
I added them using the edit feature * shrugs* and they are in my gallery.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
They live in margarita cups?

Big ol red one is a veiltail Male.
Blue is a female.
White with blueish/redish fins is Female.
Red, something is Female.
Red/white big one is Male.

Would be more easier if you actually group the pictures together, and take more pictures to be sure.

A 100% fact about determining female and male is that in the front two fins, if there is a white dot that is an ovipostor and is a female.

prolude006

Senior Member-Wheres My Discount!
Oct 3, 2008
Central Vermont
Burlington fish club? Who runs that one and is there info on it?
I am in Burlington on a regular basis.
Put up some pics of which fish you want to know the sex of.

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
Where are the pics?

<------stupido

prolude006

Senior Member-Wheres My Discount!
Oct 3, 2008
Central Vermont
You really keep them in glasses?

Kinda too distorted to give you any info on their sex. sorry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store