WTB Marimo Moss Ball

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

rill2004

AC Members
Nov 19, 2008
Georgia, USA
Hello All,

I am new at this! I am in wanting to purchase a few nice sized moss balls. Please pm me with prices.

Thanks,

Krista

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Theres a few on Aquabid.com, by AquaticMagic with free shipping. Price is a bit steep with $5.99-$8.99 for one. But at least you have a source as a reference :).

And if the marimo ball was dead or not to your liking. They will refund and reship for free, no extra charges from you.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Getting them at those prices are actually a pretty good deal. Marimo balls aren't normally being sold since they take forever to propagate. I have a couple of small balls that propagated already and it has been at least 4+ months and they're only a little bigger than a marble.

Note:
Natural propagation occurs when patches of "fur" from the original ball separates and forms its own ball.
Forced propagation is by ripping the ball apart, though this form tends to make the new "balls" not a very good sphere.

rill2004

AC Members
Nov 19, 2008
Georgia, USA
thanks for responding!!

Come on guys I know there is more of you out there!!!

Help this newbie out!!

Thanks

Krista

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
Here is the picture as promised. They are in a AGA 5 gallon bow-front for size reference. I cleaned them up the best I could. The little pieces can be grown to full grown marimo balls with a lot of attention. $28 shipped...

***Edit*** Please note these were kept in a tank with blue pearl shrimp, ramshorn snails and Malaysian trumpet snails and there is a strong possibility you may get any of them as hitchhikers.

IMG_1170_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store