The BIG... downgrade

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Hey folks. Well, the tank is getting more and more difficult to keep an eye on and things have done horribly. I am back down to my fish and sea anemone and I have decided to essentially keep it that way. I have an old 40 breeder that used to house my planted aquarium and I'm going to use that after drilling it. I'll basically feature the same equipment, same lights, but on a much smaller tank. I figure it'll be more than enough to keep the few residents I have left quite happy for years to come, as well as making it easier to move/manage. Thoughts?

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
I know what you mean...many times I just want to get rid of my 75g and do just one tank...seems like a great idea when you set it up lol then reality hits you

I loved my 40B :D great tank size

Eddiecorrea

War kitty! God hates cats!
Nov 2, 2008
Whitefish Montana
Thats why I am resisting the urge to get more tanks. Because I know I will neglect the old ones if I do and I will regret it. Im sticking with 2. They keep me busy enough as it is. I can hardly keep up sometimes.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Sometimes less really is more... and this hobby can definitely make one feel that way once you reach the point when time becomes a real limiting factor in how well you can care for a tank.

Good luck with the new arrangement!

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
my 100g keeps me more than busy....been tempted to start a discus tank lately as i used to have 2 discus set ups before i went SW but the other half might have other thoughts on this lol...:)

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Sometimes less really is more... and this hobby can definitely make one feel that way once you reach the point when time becomes a real limiting factor in how well you can care for a tank.

Good luck with the new arrangement!

Thanks. It's going to be a mess transferring everything. I just built a new stand for the 75, too, lol. I have decided to turn that stand into my new computer desk :dance: --with the addition of a solid oak desktop (the rest is oak, so why be different). With some prior extra planning, this should work well and still be reasonably compact, too. I'm actually kinda excited about it.

Eddiecorrea

Nov 2, 2008
Whitefish Montana
Thanks. It's going to be a mess transferring everything. I just built a new stand for the 75, too, lol. I have decided to turn that stand into my new computer desk :dance: --with the addition of a solid oak desktop (the rest is oak, so why be different). With some prior extra planning, this should work well and still be reasonably compact, too. I'm actually kinda excited about it.
Its cool you can still use the stand. No waste that way.

I have been tempted lately to start a 3gal Pico Reef but Im trying to forgo the urge. Even a tank that small will kill the budget and time for the other tanks.

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Its cool you can still use the stand. No waste that way.

I have been tempted lately to start a 3gal Pico Reef but Im trying to forgo the urge. Even a tank that small will kill the budget and time for the other tanks.
Well, my grandfather actually milled/routed/etc. it, I just assembled it. I just didn't have the heart to sell it and I figured it make an awesome computer desk (which I don't have and I need).

Eddiecorrea

Nov 2, 2008
Whitefish Montana
Well, my grandfather actually milled/routed/etc. it, I just assembled it. I just didn't have the heart to sell it and I figured it make an awesome computer desk (which I don't have and I need).
So when do we get pics of this tank breakdown and the desk? You know we all like pictures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store