Tutorial 4 - How To Embed a Youtube Video Clip

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
This tutorial will take you step by step on how to correctly embed a YouTube Video in a thread / post.

1. Start a new thread (Tutorial here Create A New Thread / Post)

new thread.jpg

Or click "Go Advanced" at the end of a running thread.

go advanced.jpg

Both options will take you too the same interface showing the [yt] tags.

2. Browse on Youtube to find the video clip you want to embed.
  3. There are a couple of ways to embed the youtube video clip. One is using the embed code (2), the other is by copying a section of the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) from your web browsers address bar (1). For this tutorial, you will see by the demonstration, the address bar method, as this is the easiest and quickest method out of the two.

youtube.jpg

4. In any given youtube video clip that you watch, there is a certain portion, which is highlighted in the picture above, which is the specific ID of the clip, this is all that we need. Using your mouse, click and hold down the left mouse pointer at the start of the code and drag it to the right and stop as the last character is highlighted before the " = " character.

code.jpg
    The only portion of the address bar we need is the letters/numbers that is in between the " = " and the " & " characters.

characters.jpg
  5. Once you have copied your code, go back to your thread / post.
  6. Click on the youtube.gif button, and the tags will get inserted in the position of your cursor in the thread / post message box.

add tags.jpg
  7. Your cursor should automatically be inserted in the middle of the tags, ready to accept the code. If it is not, then click in the middle of the two inner brackets.

inner bracket.jpg

8. You can now either right mouse click between the brackets and select paste.

paste.jpg

Or you can press the following two keys on your keyboard " CTRL" and "V" together. This is the keyboard short cut for paste.

Your code will now be entered between the brackets.

entered code.jpg
  9. Type out any text you want to add to the post, and click either " Submit New Thread " or " Submit Reply ", depending on your situation.
  10. The video will now be posted.

posted.jpg

add tags.jpg characters.jpg code.jpg entered code.jpg go advanced.jpg inner bracket.jpg new thread.jpg paste.jpg posted.jpg youtube.gif youtube.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
lol@videoexample
Also, you copied my style of video embedding.

LOL..i did not copy "your" style of embedding...there are only two ways that work with Vbulletin...chances are, one is going to be the same as yours ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store