125G freshwater tank question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

acyp92

Registered Member
Oct 10, 2007
Hi everyone,
I am new at this site and i need help on my 125G freshwater fishtank.

here we go, i bought this tank in summer time and was busy DIY of canopy and stand for my living room but i could not finish it in mean time(before winter) it is sitting in my garage.

My question, Is it ok to leave my tank in garage during winter in garage?(i live close to toronto and winter temp is in range between -10 to -18 with out wind) what should i do? :huh:this tank is heavy and my stand and canopy is not ready yet. :confused:
Any suggestion :feedback:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
It wouldn't bother me to do so.

Welcome to AC!

acyp92

Registered Member
Oct 10, 2007
so you mean if the tank is outside in -10C to -18C, it's silicon won't get weaker, right? i mean i dont want this tank to get damaged.:cry:

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
I think it will be OK outside. Afterall, the same silicone that is used to waterproof windows and such is used outside, so it should be OK.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
I live in NW Pennsylvania, which doesn't get quite as cold as you but, I had a 30 gal out in my unheated garage over last winter brought it in just a couple of months ago and filled it up with no problems of leaks. The coldest I can remember from last year is 4 degrees F, which I think is about what you are looking at up there.

By the way, Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store