Pretty FW Gobies?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
Anyone here keeping FW Gobies or similar type fish? I'd like to find more info and pictures of the different species available. Any links you have that you find useful would be great. Any sites you know of that sell them? Pics of yours & personal experience would be great as well!

(not dragon gobies & not bumblebees)

Thanks in advance!

Annette

Last edited:

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
Does it need to be gobies specifically? If you are interested in goby-like fishes, there are eleotrids like the fat sleepers (Dormitator species), Ecuadoran water cow (Eleotris picta) and the numerous Australian gudgeons; these are engaging fish and many of the gudgeons are quite pretty. I believe the Eleotridae is closely related to Gobiidae.

There are also the beautiful and diverse North American darters (Percidae). These are rather goby-like in appearance and behavior.

Buffalo darter (Etheostoma bison):

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
wooooo, pretty! Thanks! That's just the type of info I'm looking for! More more! LOL I'll edit my title to include goby-like fish.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket

johnpeezy

AC Members
Oct 11, 2008
I just got a stiphodon algae eating gobie, while he isn't as pretty as some as those, he does like his algae!

those peacock gudgeons are beautiful!!

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
SO pretty! Really unusual and interesting fish! I hope we'll see these become more common in the hobby in the future. I have a LFS that is usually pretty good about ordering in whatever people ask for, so I'll have to ask him to look into some of these.

Mgamer, that one of yours is stunning!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store