Goldfish Blisters!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
I was doing a water change and noticed that my big mama has these small blisters (for lack of better term). I can only see two now, one on each side near her head. They just appeared. Either that or I never noticed them before, but I doubt it. She seems happy and is eating well. Their water tests are good. I was away for a week and they had a gel feeder disk in for that time. When I came back it was gone, I changed their water (50%) and noticed the bumps this week during the next change (a week had passed).

Here are some pics. Click for a larger view.

The green channel helps see through the orange and I found septicemia? could the bumps be related?

This bump is on the otherside in approximately the same spot. Maybe she is growing horns...

Here is a better view.

I'm a bit worried. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Ammonia and Nitrite @ 0
Nitrates are @ 10ppm
pH is consistenly @ 8.2

I use a Sony R1. Then just look at the green channel in Photoshop.

Well she must not be feeling all that bad...she just laid eggs all over my tank again...her first batch is just about a month old. I'll let them have these ones.

Cliff Mayes

wirehair
Feb 19, 2007
Western, NY
I do not know what your Goldfish has.

Goldfish seem to be prone to all sorts of nasty things that there does not seem to be a good answer to.

Living things seem to try and reproduce when conditions in general are either very good or very bad. Very good seems to mean lots of interesting food and a clean enviornment but who knows. Bad conditions are really unknown. Who knows what is bad (or good)for a fish or plant? Reactions to stimuli are sometimes slow to show up so it is difficult to say this caused that.

All that you can do is observe and accept. Using medications sometimes seems to help but in my experience, over a period of time, the end result is still the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store