55 gallon angel planted tank ~ journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

addicted2fish

" Can you come out to play ? "
Mar 19, 2008
well I have had this 55 gallon set up for 5 years or more, It was my goldfish tank . then I won a auction for some very nice super veil angels that was a very nice price, and they are growing FAST !!! so needless to say , I will have' to sell off a few soon . I am hoping to find a few couples' to keep . (HELP anyone can tell me how to see' when and how they are coupling up ?? ) they are getting big, I have one he is the biggest and he is a dollar size or ******, I will post pics of them, I dont know how to sex them just yet ethier, I know the basic's , but not enough to name them correctly' LOL ~~ I have some nice manizita wood that I have just set in' there right now, and on one side I have some needle leaf java fern, and java fern and a moss covered M. branch . So I am up for all ideas and HELP !!! my 45 looks ok, I usually just let it grow out &up and the jungle effect looks great in it , but this 55 well the differnce of size isint much, but sure seems alot harder to scape . IMO< I have a mix of laterite base 20 oz, I put it in with the ice cube trick' . and I added more black gravel so one of my corners will be high . the left corner is for now . again , I thought of putting the wood all in the left corner, now after looking threw BK;s thread (what a inspriation !!! ) I will do the middle ground hill with the needleleaf, and the ferns, and the anabuis all coming from the woods center. here is a now pic, ( I know ) lol pittiful )))) and a few blurry shots of a few of my angels , if you see one or 5 you like let me know !! LOL< I have to sell off a few, I can only keep 4-6 of them :( ,. ok, here is the pics ~~~~

old' pic of my 55 gallon

HELP !! ~~ can anyone idenify this red plant for me >??? its in my 45 .

some blurry angels (sorry I am hoping for a new camrea for x-mas **)

right side if 55 now ~

a blurry angel pic, this guy is for sale !!! (so are the sunset blushers !!)

my big boy' or girl ,. I dunno, I think its a boy ?
black angel, I think I have 3
ok, here is the tank as it sits now IN desperate NEED of HELP ~~~

I need to order my light, shoudl be here in a few weeks, and for now I am using on the right side a diy canopy I made for my hex, so it covers the half side really well for lighting , med light I guess. is working for ferns& mosses. but I def want to add in some rocks, I will show you all a few pics of rocks I have in mind, and if anyone can help me figure where to place' them, and a look like the bk's 1st few pics in his 55 journal are almost excatly what I want to copy, with a xtra few plants of mine, and - some of his used plants , I dont want alberti, infact I am trying to sell off my 3 planst of it . and I will be using more of the java fern, and the needleleaf, then so many anabuis I have lots of anabuis, but only my 2 larger ones will go into this scape, the others will stay in my 10, I will make a journal for it too !! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ please tell me ALL your ideas, help, and critic's (I think I can take it ) LOL< I just would really want some help threw this whole process. I belive this tank can be the show pc. of my living room. I want to get there sooner than later ....LMAO ~~~~ thanxs to all ~~~ I will update with more pics of the rocks, and other fish in a few...

Last edited:

addicted2fish

" Can you come out to play ? "
Mar 19, 2008
as you can see, the wood is just sitting there, I have it weighted down by that big pc . I hope it is ready for placement soon, it should be . :) I need to get my light hooked up, (I have to go hook up a cd player in my car today 1st woohoo ~ not.., Buut I will update with pics of my hardscape soon. I have many rocks I could use, hopefully you guys can help me in the right' placement . ~~ :)

OO ~~ (PS) I have a BIG pleco in that fake log, he is so pretty , not a plain one, he is a long finned (somthin) cant remeber I will try to get some shots of him, so you guys can idenitfy, and let me know if he will be ok with plants & the angels, I also want to get about 5 BN plecos, so need to know if they can co-exsist ?? appreciate any & all help !!!! ~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Nice Angels

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank. Love the angels!

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
Great angels! I think they're all still too young to start pairing up, but most likely will pretty soon. The only real way to sex angels is when they're spawning. They both have sex organs that stick out while spawning. To me, the sex organs look very similar to one another, and for the longest time I thought my male was my female and vice versa. I had to watch which one was laying eggs and which was fertilizing the eggs to know what their sexes were. You'll have some pretty babies if you ever decide to breed your angels!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store