red tail shark what else??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
i just got a red tail shark for my 30g what else should i get also what type of food should i feed them thanks for the help

and the stuff in my sig is not what i have anymore thanks

on388

AC Members
Oct 4, 2008
Not sure what else you can put in with it but mine eats regular flake food

centralharbor

fat panda cory
Sep 23, 2004
I have rummynose tetras and panda cories with mine. You'd think the RTS would bug the cories, but it seems to like the company and even lets them hang in it's little log. Only once in a while will it chase them away. I did introduce the RTS to the tank after the pandas, so that may have played a role in it.

Blown 346

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Rockford Illinois
After the RTS matures it can become more aggressive than when it was younger. Even though it may get along with its other tank mates while young doesnt mean that wont change.
Dont get me wrong, they can coincide peacefully with tetras etc, but its not a guarantee when they get larger. Its a 50/50 chance. I had a Large RTS (4 inches) with cardinal tetras, and other smalelr peaceful fish and he kept to himself and didnt bother anyone.

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
u think a convict would do or is that pushing it ok with it right now the rts is very little

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Do you have anything else or just the RTS?

I'll echo what Blown said, mixing RTS with peaceful fish is risky, especially when you add other bottom dwellers. I'd stick to quick, upper level fish such as barbs and danios.

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
right now its just the rts and it is small still so im trying to figure out what else i could put in the tank before it gets to big and owns the tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store