My new blue shrimp is pregnant!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
I have had them less than a week, and already one of my blue shrimp are pregnant. I couldnt get a very good picture, but she is lovely and the eggs are real dark unlike the picture

IMG_3350.JPG IMG_3351.JPG

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
congratulations! how many shrimp did you get and what do you have em in?

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
I got an order of 100 as a grad present and keep them in a 30g, unfortunately I have lost 3 in molt so far. One arrived dead, and two more died a few days ago, they were the largest shrimp he sent, so I dont feel so bad since I know how hard it is to deal with grown shrimp

but actually all the shrimp he sent me were full grown and in breeding age. I got lucky

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
What species were those sold as? Just out of curiosity. They are the same as my blue/black shrimp that I have (sold under the name blackberry with nospecies). I am curious as to what they were labeled as.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
Are they "Blue Pearl Shrimp"? Beautiful bold color.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
No blue pearls are a frostire appearance and are smaller. The blue pearls are derived from snow balls. I don't know that these particular blue shrimp pictured have been positively given an id in the hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store