Escape Artist

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishdaze

AC Members
Dec 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Real Name
Chris
Unfortunately my peacock eel took advantage of me forgetting to replace the electrical tape on the top of my tank used to close up the small holes where the filter, heater, and bubbler enter at the back. He's usually all over the place swimming around looking for food and this morning I noticed he wasn't anywhere to be found. At first I hoped it might be hiding... this theory was proved wrong when I lifted the nearby couch to look under just in case he managed to get that far. There he was all dried up. As sad as it was, I learned my lesson about fixing things in a hurry and leaving even the smallest holes open when you have eels. I hadn't had an eel get out before so I probably got a little careless. Hope this can help as a reminder to anyone else who has them to be as careful as possible about even the tiniest holes in the tank. I'll be getting another in the near future but this little guy will be missed.

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Awww thats sad. I have a CAE who also takes advantage of little holes, one time he jumped out during a wc without being noticed, pot luck i had to look down the side of the couch for a pot of food i dropped, and there he was, over an hour after i did the wc. Luckily he was non the worse after i put him back in the tank. Hes not jumped out since tho i notice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store