150 Gallon Discus Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
:thm:

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
Thanks PopPop! Wish you were in Southern California! I'd set up another 100+ and buy some discus from you! Haha! The aquascaping is actually harder than discus keeping. The plants grow like weeks and need constant pruning. If you have some pics of your displays, I'd be happy to make any suggestions.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
ok now you have ot give us specifics.. filtration, lighting etc.

;)

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
Specifics on this tank are:

Lighting: MH 250 X3, CF 96 watts full spectruim X4
Filtration: Fluval FX5 + wet/dry simply for surface skimming and tank top off.
Ferts: NPK and CMB+B about 30cc every other day.
CO2: Pressurized, Ph monitored, aquamedic reactor plumbed in to the wet/dry return in line with UV sterilizer.
Substrate: Play Sand
Water Changes: 50% every Saturday
Water Chemistry: Ph 6.4, Nitrates 20 ppm (added nitrogen sources for plants)
Water Recipie: I have a 110 Gallon holding tank in my garage hooked to an R/O system. Ration for 6.6 Ph at water change is 100 gallons R/O to 10 gallons Tap. San Diego water is 8.0+ out of the tap. Makes a nice discus mix.

Let me know if you have any questions!

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Thanks PopPop! Wish you were in Southern California! I'd set up another 100+ and buy some discus from you! Haha! The aquascaping is actually harder than discus keeping. The plants grow like weeks and need constant pruning. If you have some pics of your displays, I'd be happy to make any suggestions.
Thanks for the offer I will take you up on that.

It's funny you mentioned if we were in CA. , I am working on setting up shop on the West Coast in 09. Another AC Member are thinking of setting up in his Garage just like we did 12 years ago , now we have wall to ceiling tanks everywhere.

I have lots of luck with Low light plants like crypts and rotial, our Vals just do not seem to like our WC schedule . I just added another 404 to our planted 125 that MAKES THREE , I am going to try to skip a few days and see what happens but the first sign of stress I am doing my normal WC's
I also use excel and Iron on occasion . We are looking onto dry ferts so like I said I will be in touch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store